Monday, March 15, 2010

Why Tres Marie?

Because my father calls me 'Trac Marie' and always has.

Because when I was 13 and everyone wanted to change their 'y' to an 'i' or dot their 'i' with a flower or heart, I dreamt about legally changing my name to something that sounded cool, French, different...Tres Marie with the little accent over the E...Trés.

Because it represents multiple generations in my family. My Grandmother was Marie Therese and her mother, Theresa Marie. It was once suggested to me to name my daughter 'Tessa Marie'. Somehow I just couldn't do that to her. Tessa reminded me of the fat lady in the circus. No offense to any Tessas out there of course, but I didn't need to think of the fat lady and peanuts every time I called JJ in from playing in the backyard.

When faced with coming up with a blog name and bewitching hour (kid's bedtime) approaching, nothing else came to mind and Tres Marie stuck.

It is what it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment