Friday, April 2, 2010

Getting ready for a celebration

Around our house we are busy getting ready for a very busy and special weekend.

My dad and mom (as in the Motherhood, Musings and Mom) are currently enroute to our home...as I type...right now...so exciting!! This is not a common occurrence. The last time I saw them was at Thanksgiving when they came to visit us. I had plenty to be thankful for! I have wanted to talk about my Mom but I haven't sat down to write about her. I plan on doing so after she leaves but just know that my Mom is very special to me for so many reasons. I treasure every moment. I encourage you to do the same with your loved ones. Right now. Stop, pause, pick up the phone and call your Mom, Dad, sister, brother, etc. and tell them that you love them. The laundry and dishes will wait. Call them just to say that you were thinking of them and that you love them.

So getting back to this weekend. Yes, Easter is Sunday. And my parents will be here to celebrate. And my bathroom is not cleaned, my floors aren't mopped, laundry isn't finished and I've got 3 piles of papers and junk mail to sort through. I am giving them the evil eye right now. Hate all those papers. Pick them up, look at them, put them back down. They are still there. Sometimes I daydream about just shredding them all and not giving them a second thought. Not the bills of course, but the other 'stuff'. So you see, I should be cleaning right now, or baking something yummy, instead of updating my blog. Procrastination is my best friend. But I will get to them and also to getting in the crawlspace to pull out the Spring and Easter decorations that I've failed to have displayed around the house for the past couple of weeks. Just kinda spaced that. Oops! But we are working on it. My daughter reminded me when she came home with these.



Cute. Made by my little miss. She's the creative one.

And while I was looking for Easter and 'celebration' ideas (more about that later too!) I came across a great idea for Easter baskets by Jamie. Go check it out and her other great ideas. Just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment